Seasonal help needed now! Holiday/Streetscapes/Interiorscapes Installer
Looking for a unique green industry job? We're seeking seasonal full-time (with potential for long term) team members for our installation team.
Crew members get their hands dirty installing seasonal plant displays in containers and installation holiday decor in residential and commercial properties. When we're not doing that, we're installing interior and tropical plant projects (think living plant walls and moss walls!).
- Have a valid (insurable) drivers license
- Have some plant/horticulture knowledge (or a passion for learning)
- Know plants, weeds, and pruning/trimming techniques
- Work independently as needed, or as part of a team
- Are willing to get their hands dirty planting, mulching, and weeding (and love working outdoors!)
- Have flexible schedules when things get busy (we work some Saturdays during the busy spring & holiday seasons)
- Are eager to learn and come to work with a smile on their face
- Are detail-oriented and can follow directions and project notes
- Can interact with customers in a friendly, professional manner
- install seasonal plants in containers or annual beds for residential & commercial clients (spring, summer, & fall annuals and Christmas greens)
- install interior plant projects (containers or plant walls)
- regular landscape maintenance: pruning, mulching, weeding, trimming, edging for end of season clean ups
- maintain containers on a maintenance crew (watering, fertilizing, weeding, pruning)
- install holiday decor (trees, garlands, etc) during the holiday season in residential & commercial settings
- install interior plants/green walls in residential & commercial settings
- deliver & install rented plants for special events
- assist with unique and special plant projects as needed
This is a full time position, with work guaraneed through December, and potentially through January.
Oakland Nursery is equal opportunity and a drug free work place (applicants must pass drug screen at hire).