Landscape Foreman/Crew Leader
Oakland Design Associates is seeking Crew Leaders/Foremen to manage landscape installation crews. Landscape foremen work directly with landscape designers and project managers to build landscapes for commercial and residential clients.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications
- 2-3 years experience in landscape construction, including installation of plant materials, hardscapes installation (stone walls, concrete paver walkways and patios, etc), seeding, sodding, and general landscape maintenance
- Candidates should be able to read/comprehend a landscape plan
- Ability to operate small machinery, large trucks, and front end loaders (clean driving record is required, CDL is not).
- Self-motivation, problem-solving capabilities, attention to detail, and ability to take and give direction are essential
- Professional appearance and attitude when dealing with clients
- Punctuality, dependability, and reliability
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
Job responsibilities include:
- Managing and leading a crew of 2-3 landscape installers to provide clean, accurate, and timely installation of projects
- Ensuring that all material for a project is prepped and loaded before heading to job sites
- Coordinating with designer/project manager regarding timelines, deadlines, and project specifics
- Tracking job hours and materials through appropriate paperwork
- Maintaining a clean company vehicle and ensuring that all truck tools are functional and accounted for
- Other duties as required to provide exceptional products and customer service to our clients
Oakland Nursery is family owned and operated and is a drug free workplace. Salary is dependent on experience and expertise. Oakland offers health insurance and an employer-matching 401k.