Landscape Crew Member
Oakland Design Associates is seeking Landscape Construction Crew Members to work directly with landscape foremen and crew leaders to build landscapes for commercial and residential clients.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- 1 year experience in landscape construction, including installation of plant materials, basic understanding of hardscapes installation (stone walls, concrete paver walkways and patios, etc), seeding, sodding, and general landscape maintenance (pruning, edging, mulching, weeding)
- Candidates should be able to read/comprehend a landscape plan
- Clean driving record, and ability to operate small machinery, large trucks, and front end loaders is a plus
- Self-motivation, problem-solving capabilities, attention to detail, and ability to take direction are essential
- Professional appearance and attitude when dealing with clients
- Punctuality, dependability, and reliability are vital
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
Job responsibilities include:
- Working with a crew of one foreman and other crew members to provide clean, accurate, and timely installation of projects
- Assisting foreman in ensuring that all material for a project is prepped and loaded before heading to job sites
- Working with foreman and other crew members to prep, install, and clean up landscape projects
- Maintaining a clean company vehicle and ensuring that all truck tools are functional and accounted for
- Other duties as required to provide exceptional products and customer service to our clients
Oakland Nursery is family owned and operated and is a drug free workplace. Salary is dependent on experience and expertise. Oakland offers health insurance and an employer-matching 401k.